1) Current FEATS entry:
We are still looking for HELP BACKSTAGE! If you want to be part of this unique experience & want to help out, please contact the director, Jill Franks, BEFORE FRIDAY 12/3 11pm!!
- LIGHTING: This production is an ideal learning experience for anyone who's interested in learning about lighting in theatre, but never got round to doing it. A lighting plan can be prepared with the help of our experienced lighting man, Luc Vervliet. All we ask from you is to execute that plan. in this production it will be a straightforward plan.
- SOUND: (Idem Lighting) This is an ideal starting point for anyone without experience, but with interest in learning the trade of Sound in Theatre! Again, a sound plan can be set up with the help of our experienced sound man, Johan.
- BACKSTAGE CREW: help set up & break down set. The Stage Manager will coordinate with you what needs to be done.
Additionally, Barry O'Halpin will be taking Zoo Story, our past October production, to the FRINGE at FEATS 2016.
Our performance slot = SUNDAY 8th May! If you want to support our members & enjoy the unique atmosphere of this International Festival, book your tickets here.
2) What is FEATS?
The festival, of which BATS is a founding member, has been running since 1976. It was first performed in The Hague and is open to all European amateur theatrical societies and drama groups who stage productions in English. As the UK has many of its own amateur festivals UK societies are excluded from FEATS, but the winner of FEATS may be eligible to participate in the British All Winners Festival if the standard is considered high enough.
FEATS is a competition and a professional adjudicator asseses all performances before awarding prizes for winners in a number of categories including production, acting, stage presentation, stage management and original script. For more information about FEATS please visit their website by clicking here. Details of FEATS awards won by BATS can be found in our archives section.
3) Recent FEATS/FEATletS participations:
- FEATletS 2009 - Brussels - Cluedo - Best original script (Daniel Sossi) + 3rd prize best female actress (Lorraine Thompson)
- FEATS 2010 - Bad Homburg - Oh My God - Best original script (Daniel Sossi) + Adjudicator's Discretionary Award (Erik Tytgadt & Tom De Beckker)
- FEATS 2011 - Geneva - 10 - 13 June (Whitsun weekend) - Cards - Fringe
- FEATS 2012 - Antwerp - 25-28 May (Whitsun weekend) - organised by BATS (feats2012.batsantwerp.be)
- FEATS 2013 - The Hague (www.feats.nl/)
- FEATS 2014 - Mamer, Luxemburg - 6 - 9 June - The Last Supper (main program)